3.27.2008

Really thought this was gonna be more like Splash

Enchanted looked fun. A quirky twist on the classic fish-out-of-water story, with an animated princess turning up in modern-day Manhattan. Supercute. And it is... if you're five.

Unlike the best kids' or all-family films, Enchanted pretty much only works on one level – the "I buy all the Disney Princess merchandise" level. There's a bit of humor that isn't strictly for kids, but it unfortunately boils down into garden variety "Welcome to New Yawk" type jokes.

So for all my young readers (??), enjoy. It's well done for what it is. Parents, if you've seen the previews, you've seen the laughs. Beware.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

My niece just got this movie and I was going to borrow it...my sister liked it...

I don't buy all the Disney Princess merchandise (thank heaven for little boys, legos, Star Wars, etc.)...but maybe I'll watch it, and try to keep the five-year-old mindframe.

I love the idea of you sitting down to watch this. :)

Moderator said...

My wife took our daughters to this. I stayed away.