4.24.2008

When Irish Eyes Aren't Smiling

So Carly Smithson got voted off last night and, while I can't say I'm too upset about it, she prolly didn't deserve to go.

Yet.

I've never really "gotten" Carly Smithson. Not that her brogue is that strong – it's just that past beyond said brogue, she always came across as basically a fine singer, particularly if you're looking for someone to front a Heart tribute band.

Which I sincerely hope no one is.

That said, she belted out an acceptable version of Jesus Christ, Superstar. It was maybe a little bit on the shouty side, but it was a step up from Brooke, who was a bit on the forgetty the words side, and Jason Castro, who was a bit on the whatty the hell were you thinky side.

I still think it's David Cook's contest to lose, but for those concerned about the order of losers, you can rest assured that Carly got a wee bit robbed.

2 comments:

Frank Sirmarco said...

Now she's failed at being a professional singer twice!

Perhaps a Heart tribute band would be the best thing for her.

Valerie said...

She's obviously missing that "it" factor if she's failed twice.

I'm rooting for an AMERICAN to win.