6.18.2008

Dunno about America, but this guy's Got Talent

Tuned into America's Got Talent last night, a show I'd always dismissed as a garish freakshow, perhaps because the combo of Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne, David Hasselhoff and Jerry Springer doesn't exactly scream "Talent!" to me.

And for much of the evening, I thought I was right. Sure, there was a cute four-year old singer and a nice moment with a male baton twirler, but overall nothing that made me consider the show any more than vaguely harmless summer filler.
Until Neal E. Boyd, an insurance salesman from a lower-class background took the stage and absolutely blew everyone away. Take a watch – I got chills.



If this guy doesn't win, this show doesn't deserve to be on. Whether it holds up for a whole season is yet to be seen, but I'll tune in weekly to watch Boyd sing. You should too.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I taped this show and was watching it delayed and I was looking forward to his performance and then my damn DVR cut him off after he had sung about five notes. Thanks for posting this. He is awesome. I can't believe how much coverage they gave him...a sign that they are trying to get the audience to really root for him, obviously.