12.06.2006

I'm it!

Bunso brings me my first blog tag – thanks, Valerie! On with the show:
Popcorn or Candy?
Mostly neither, but Sno-Caps when I do. I have also had that weird
insta-pizza that heats up in a special crisper dish. Ok in a pinch.

Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.

Bottle Rocket. I'm a huge Rushmore fan, and assume that Rocket is fun Wes Anderson stuff before he got all Royal Tenenbaums-y.

Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe.

Already stole Freddy Krueger’s for our local production of “A Nightmare in
Elmhurst,” so that’s out. Um… how about Indiana Jones? When he's not undercover as a Nazi.

Your favorite film franchise is:

One Ring to rule them all…

Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite
them? What do you feed them?
Assuming that some otherworldly power compels them to attend:
  1. Kristy Swanson, since she rejected the invite to my company Christmas party
  2. Kevin Smith, because I, too, enjoy dick jokes
  3. Rosario Dawson, as I sorta fell for her in Clerks II and she’d help me get my comic geek on
  4. Jon Stewart – hey, Death to Smoochy counts
  5. Carrie Fisher, for tales of script doctoring, seedy Hollywood underbelly, and, well, Slave Leia’s belly
And we'd get pizza from various regions of the country to spark some instant debate. Chicago- vs. New York-style, Hawaiian or no, that sort of thing.

What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the
movie theater?
Prying their mouth open, ripping out their tongue, then wrenching their jaw apart in opposite directions a la King Kong vs. the V-Rex. Have fun texting for the rest of your life.

Choose a female bodyguard

Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The TV one. Hands down.

What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie

Creepy twins from The Shining’s been taken, so I'm gonna go with the reveal of the killers in the first Scream. Not who they were, per se, but why they did it – because they were amoral and cruel. Unlike, say, deformed campers who are so evil they never die, those people actually exist.

Your favorite genre (excluding "comedy" and "drama") is...

Science fiction, as long as it’s action and not weird futuristic
navel-gazing introspection, so… Science Faction?

You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one
year. How do you wield this power?
For me: My script, Background Art, gets made.
For the fanboys (and me): Peter Jackson and crew get to make The Hobbit.
For the good of the nation: Whoopi Goldberg, John Travolta, Michael
Rapaport, Giovanni Ribisi, Nicolas Cage, Robin Williams, Eddie Murphy, Jeff
Goldblum, Luis Guzman, James Spader and Richard Dreyfuss… surprise! You all get a year off!

Bonnie or Clyde?

Both.

6 comments:

Some Guy said...

Everything's coming up...HOT!

Phil said...

I to, was disappointed in Tennenbaums, especially when placed next to Rushmore which I think is an almost perfect movie. But Bottle Rocket is fantastic.

Geo said...

Chris: Ha. Still wonder how we were going to pull off the "run Freddy thru with a tree branch and throw him off the underpass" scene.

Phil: Yup. T-baums was quirky for quirky's sake; one of my least favorite genres. Life Aquatic, tho, was better than I expected. Bottle Rocket's somewhere on my Netflix queue – I'll get there someday...

Valerie said...

Cool picture of the York Theatre.

Scary picture of Shannen Doherty.

Frank Sirmarco said...

Geo, the ending sequence worked on the page much better than it would have on film...

moto said...

That "factual science fiction" would include cyberpunk, right?