9.17.2007

Eh-mmys

The less said about this show, the better, as it was pretty uninspired start to finish. The few things worth mentioning?
  • The fact that, to a man, everyone seemed annoyed at having to present and accept awards in the round
  • The fact that the show's graphics were eerily reminiscent of I, Robot (which, for conspiracy nuts, was also a Fox property)
  • The fact that Emmy voters inexplicably continue to love Boston Legal
  • The fact that Fox censored Sally Field speaking out against the war, treading into a dangerous "thought it was a free country" grey area in the name of appeasing the FCC
Highlight of the show was Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert "giving" Steve Carell the absent Ricky Gervais' award. Everything else... not so much.

I'd say wake me for The Grammys, but even I don't watch those.

3 comments:

Moderator said...

I usually just wait for the highlights of awards shows. The rest would just bore me to tears.

Geo said...

Then you'll be waiting a long time for much from The Emmys. It's traditionally a mess, and this was only worse.

Valerie said...

I DVR'd it, but only watched about 15 minutes of it. I hated the theater in the round set-up.

Ryan Seacrest was the worst choice for a host. Seriously, what were they thinking?