11.28.2006

Monday's my Funday

Actually, it's worlds better than Sunday. Take that, Bangles. Tuesday's turning into a bit of an "I do have to Runday," so here're some quick Mile-a-Minute Comments:
Prison Break: The “Fall Finale” delivered, although the more time the show spends on the shadowy conspiracy, the weaker it gets. The dramatic reveal of the guy behind the guy behind the guy was sorta “eh.” Just stick to the guys trying to get away. And sending Bellick back to Fox River was fun; jailhouse rape is guaranteed comedy gold.
Heroes: It’s a classic book trick: start with your second chapter. Catch up with your characters in the thick of the action, rather than belabor their beginnings. Works wonders, particularly for origin stories. This ep showed the Heroes discovering their powers (and limitations – poor doomed Google Girl) plus we learned how (and why) Sylar’s taking them. Truly riveting television.
Studio 60: Hey, look at this – take that comedy, toss in some conflict and you’ve got a show. Best ep yet. Few things, tho – don’t tease a “shocker” that’s already a heavily-covered cast pregnancy. Also, we already saw Corinne Bailey Rae on SNL; don’t waste your 44 minutes of screen time on musical guests. And don’t waste any time on Howie Mandel.

4 comments:

Moderator said...

I saw the first 2 minutes of "CSI: Miami" last night. I turned to my wife and asked whether they - the actors, writers, directors - were serious. It may have been the worst written acted and directed two minutes of film I've ever witnessed. Did I just catch an off night or is it always that over played?

Geo said...

I dunno, as the entire CSI franchise is a mystery to me.

Actually, the whole police procedural genre does nothing for me – I need long soap-opera-y story arcs, preferably about who's going to end up going to prom with who.

Phil said...

I've watched afew CSI: Miami's in my day. The writing is awful, but Caruso... There hasn't been an actor that over-the-top since Shatner. Riveting camp.

Anonymous said...

very Inttresting And Thrilling of CSI. they will chase any case of Crime.