7.19.2007

Guess the One-Word Review, Vol. I: Epilogue

Valerie wins, but Frank didn't exactly lose. It's kind of a return to the Pumpkins' roots, but it feels like they dug a little deep – I'd've much preferred a Siamese Dream/Mellon Collie mix than this Gish-y/Machina mashup. So I guess it "rocks," but it leaves me totally flat. I can't imagine when I'll listen to a song off this album again. The Pumpkins are better when they wear their power ballad heart on their sleeve.

Overall, tremendously disappointing.
Here's hoping the return of Rage Against the Machine fares much better.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Do I get a prize for getting it right?

Geo said...

You could, I suppose, download the jpg and print it out - I could sign it for posterity ;)

Moderator said...

Rage is a ton of fun to play on guitar hero.

Some Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Some Girl said...

Aw, I think you just needed to give the album a chance.
I didn't like it much before I really immersed myself in it.


*grin*