8.06.2007

Five Songs to Die By

I've been tagged by Frank for my fifteen funeral songs. As I'm less of a music guy, I'm going to pretend I misread and go with five. Enjoy (as I wouldn't, being – you know – dead and all ;) So. Without further ado, here's what you can play as I'm dirtsurfin' I haven't put the playlist in order... that'll be your job, livers!

I'd open by Welcoming my funereal guests to my personal Black Parade, thanks to my favorite death-poppers, My Chemical Romance.

Then bring things down a bit with Knockin' On Heaven's Door... the Guns 'n Roses version.

Get back on the power-pop track, but lightly, with I Miss You by blink-182.

Blow the doors off with another big inspirational kicker from MCR, Famous Last Words.

And leave 'em without a dry eye in the house (I hope) with Happy Ending from Mika (the first part, not the random hidden song after several interminable minutes of silence – there's a trend that needs to end).

Anyway, as you can see – while rock & roll will never die, I, apparently, cannot say the same. Cheers.

3 comments:

McGone said...

I would arrange to have someone lock the doors and just play Europe's "The Final Countdown" over and over and over and over again.

The Arrested Development fans would appreciate it at first, but eventually they would all be driven insane.

Geo said...

Well played (and played... and played ;)

I was tempted to say I'd just play the Black Parade album 15 times in a row, but I figured 2 MCR songs out of 5 was enough...

Moderator said...

Rock and Roll also never forgets.