1.11.2007

The Darn Pig's Got Wings!

Here's something new: me recommending that you watch a country music show. And not only watch, but vote. Yes, I'm talking about Nashville Star, hosted by someone called Cowboy Troy and, for some reason, Jewel.
It's clearly American Idol in chaps, which normally I'd hate like poison. However, this year a friend of a friend is on it – Meg Allison. I've seen her play and she's terrific – one might say a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll. Or one might not, but regardless, she's worth one's vote.
It premieres tonight on USA, so give it a look and give Meg your vote – we cannot let someone named Rickiejoleen win.

4 comments:

Phil said...

You're damn right we can't.

It's good to see Jewel didn't have to move back into her car.

Some Guy said...

She's a cutie! She's got my vote.

Valerie said...

And how do you know Meg? I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere...

Geo said...

Chris and Phil: Atta boy!

Valerie: No big story, unfortunately. I'm good friends with a good friend of Meg's, so went with her to see a show a bit ago.