1.16.2007

Rhyme Time

I celebrated Martin Luther King's birthday in the most reverent way possible – catching up on a huge amount of TV. Reviews of 24 and The Golden Globes are forthcoming, but for now... the Limerick Critic.

Grey's Anatomy
I used to skip doctor shows
To ER and House I gave “NOs”
But Grey’s is well-written
I confess I’m smitten
With these docs and their passion throes.

Smallville
So Lana is marrying Lex
Although she still loves Clark, her ex
Lois loves the Green Arrow
But her sights are too narrow,
Cause Clark proves he’s better at sex.

Supernatural
This show is surprisingly fun
For heroes named after a gun
It ought to do well
They fight demons from hell
And spend most episodes on the run.

Saturday Night Live
Jake Gyllenhaall was fairly funny
His “Dreamgirls” was right on the money.
The show was alright
But Saturday Night
Has an outlook that’s much less than sunny.

Grease: You're the One that I Want
This episode highlighted a couple
Whose relationship was in trouble
He made it as Zuko
I wanted to puke, oh
Man, is this show on the bubble.

The Apprentice: LA
So the teams had to design some swimsuits
To see which one wouldn’t get the boot
This show is a joke
Trump acts like a stroke
I don’t care a bit for these recruits.

1 comment:

Phil said...

I just read in thew Elmhurst Press, there's an '92 York High Alum on the show. Any idea how she is doing?