1.04.2007

The NO C

Black armbands (or bracelets, wrist cuffs, what have you) today, as they canceled The OC. Not shocking, I suppose, as it's been losing viewers for a while, particularly during an admittedly rough last Season 3. But it's too bad – this year's been terrific, as fresh and funny as it ever was. And worse, what's going to replace it midseason?

I get that TV lives and dies on ad revenue (at least for now, until TiVo pushes product placement even further), but it's hard to imagine that more garbage like 'Til Death or The War at Home is going to attract more profitable ratings.


Ah well. We've got 8 episodes to go before they sail into the California sunset. Until then, I'll continue to have fond memories of the best Life Saver I ever got.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Speaking of black armbands, do you remember a bunch of us wearing them in high school for some goofy reason...maybe the faux death of Mr. Rogers or a sign of the end of times as predicted by Nostradamus...my memory is fuzzy on the reason why, but I certainly remember wearing the black armband.